Friday, April 6, 2012

Great Dane Pictures: Gunner














Great Dane Pictures: Gunner, winner’s dog, Imperial Valley
Of all of our dogs, Gunner is the tallest, 35-1/2" tall at the shoulder, and he has the biggest personality. He acquired his AKC Championship in just two months. So, it’s easy to understand why, whenever someone pulls out a camera, he starts posing and easily ends up with the best Great Dane Pcitures!
Great Danes are also very affectionate, they run up to, then lean on. Here is a typical conversation when one of us arrives in the morning:
Gunner: I love you. I missed you.
I love you too, Gunner!
Gunner: I really love you.
yes, yes, I love you too.
Gunner: I really, really love you.
Ow, get off my foot!


Great Dane Pictures: Gunner at 81/2 weeks


He is also a very enthusiastic eater. Danes can reach your countertops, and if necessary, the top of the refrigerator. Gunner has consumed a pound of butter (twice), an entire loaf of bread, a platter of chicken wings, and a carton of Marlboros, among other things. He is also the first one to stake out his territory at lunch.
Occasionally, he will swipe his big, soft lips across one of our plates, and we end up saying, "Yuck! You might as well have it; I’m not going to finish it now."
We keep a flyswatter and a rolled up set of electrical drawings close by…..






 Great Dane Pictures: After lunch Gunner curls up on his 44" x 44" dogcheapsleeps.com dog bed for an afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit us at http://www.dogcheapsleeps.com